Slow Food East Bay 2014 Annual Gathering and Potluck
Plan to join us on Sunday, July 27th for an evening of good food, good wine and an opportunity to discuss the future plans for Slow Food East Bay.
We’ll gather over a potluck dinner, sip wines from our host Urbano Cellars and have some pointed conversations over the issues we want Slow Food East Bay address, the events we want to plan and the organizations we want to partner with.
This is your chance to help the chapter be more vocal, more active and more effective in the food community of the East Bay – so whether you’re a lover of food, a fighter for food access, an advocate for urban agriculture, or a passionate seasonal forager, you won’t want to miss the evening!
- SFEB has been lying dormant. But it’s now time to turn the soil, bringing new participants on to the planning committee, to nurture seedlings that will grow into this year’s activities — and to plant seeds for projects and collaborations for the future.
- So during the evening we’ll pass along Slow Food USA updates and talk over the new Slow Meat Initiative. But most importantly we’ll be looking to you and asking you to step forward and be a part of the chapter.
- Since many hands make for the lightest of work, where do you think you might be able to help? Is it policy advocacy? Quarterly potluck organization? The “Less and Better Meat” campaign? Community coalition building? Membership education and services? If you have a little extra time, this is your chance to put it to good use.
- And of course, this is just a time to connect. To eat with one another and remember the importance of Good Clean and Fair food, for all.
- Date & Time: Sunday July 27 from 5:30 to 8:00pm
- Location: 2323B 4th Street (between Channing and Bancroft Ways), Berkeley
- Food: Please bring a potluck dish serving 6-8, ready to serve (there will be no kitchen facilities) and labeled with all of the ingredients and your name (in case people want the recipe!)
- Drinks: Feel free to bring non-alcoholic beverages. Wine will be available from Urbano for $5 a glass… And since Mead Kitchen shares the space, maybe we can convince them to join us as well!
- Utensils: We will have some disposable plates & utensils available, but would love it if you brought your own along with you. Easier to identify and less waste – a win-win!